Monday, December 29, 2014

There is a real study of shells I found over the internet. They call that conchology. I was not muc

Skip to content
A challenge for many participants was daunting experience. "Sea shells", an image that immediately overwhelms the viewer. The works of the winners may be seen. (Scroll the great gatsbt down on the page of the June Art Challenge - # 1306)
The first impression of the picture, a subject with seashells, I took both glossy the great gatsbt and dull surface structures where, predominantly violet-blue color, with the exception the great gatsbt of orange and yellow. For a moment I thought to use sand paper, but I got off. I also saw that some shells are duos, I mean that two of the same kind in the picture are present.
There is a real study of shells I found over the internet. They call that conchology. I was not much wiser. It made my impressions about this picture even more complicated.
Most familiar the great gatsbt to me are the shells of snails. With their helical windings I know them from when I took a course in ceramics. When I studied the snail to perform in clay. The spiral shape makes me also think back to the golden ratio. And speaking of cuts: The initially proposed cut of the picture, I could not bear to think of all the photo to paint, was still reduced a lot halfway spell. (In English: cropping)
Finally the great gatsbt I got from the previous tasks (challenges CPM) learned that the contrast sometimes to be desired. So now I work on smaller paper sizes, so that I can obtain several layers, in the same time span.
View the archive>
Webhosting by: Stone Internet Services

No comments:

Post a Comment