Friday, April 11, 2014

What is a perfect day for you? Judith Merchant: A breakfast in the café, browsing in a foreign book


Judith Merchant is not only a lecturer in literature, the others near brings her enthusiasm for the language, but she also writes itself. After an award-winning short story is now the thriller "Murder Nibelungen" her debut as a writer in the Earthscan Publisher!
What makes you a bad mood, what makes you happy? Judith Merchant: I annoy a lot of noise - radio in the morning, watching TV in the background, cell phone conversations. I like beautiful notebooks, vegetable gardens and the cracking of the bond when I open a new book.
Judith Merchant: No question: Breakfast is served cream pitcher in Edinburgh. I love a decent hot breakfast with baked beans, grilled tomatoes, eggs, bacon, plus a bit of drizzle. At noon there was a picnic in the Mojave cream pitcher Desert, surrounded by Joshua trees and in constant fear of rattlesnakes. And in the evening a rustic dinner with friends and my family in a small village in Spain.
What is a perfect day for you? Judith Merchant: A breakfast in the café, browsing in a foreign bookstore, a walk, maybe to a castle - and evening movies or a visit to the pub with friends.
Where did the inspiration come to your books? Judith Merchant: The majority comes when aimless walking. I'm doing a casual cream pitcher discovery, see a gnarled root, a cave, a freshly circumcised or pollarded. Why then everything is deposited - half-baked thoughts, things that I have read or have been told. And at some point, then an idea from which I can develop the plot and characters.
In addition to working as a writer - what would be alternative occupations for you? And why? Judith Merchant: I've still got another job - I teach at the University cream pitcher of Bonn and in adult education, and that very much! I like already preparing - which texts are to be discussed cream pitcher and why? What provides material for discussion, what can I illustrate what? In class, it is very often very different than planned cream pitcher - that makes this job so exciting for me.
Judith cream pitcher Merchant: I would like to drink a cup of tea with Miss Marple. I would say as little as possible, but listen to her, they watch while knitting and make me secretly notes.
Which historical event would you have liked to witness? Judith Merchant: summer of 1816 at Lake Geneva, along with Mary Shelley, Percy Shelley, Lord Byron and his personal physician Polidori. cream pitcher This summer must indeed have been the purest compost for gloomy ideas! There Somehow miraculously, the seed was in a few days preparing for the most important horror stories ever: Dracula and Frankenstein! It's unbelievable what these ideas have released for a creative energy that far into our present day is indeed alive and ever-rampant.
If you had the famous three wishes, one would see how they look? Judith Merchant: desires are more complicated, as I get older. As a child I would have liked a book filled with endless sequels, a case in which I can fly and a ring that makes you invisible. Now, as an adult, I would a world without war, disease and environmental degradation wish - and endless sequels of my current favorite book!
In the news Nina Georges bestseller "The Lavender Room" thrilled the whole world Full House instead of rural-urban migration in the book premiere of Erik Brandt Höge New findings in the case of Peggy Stuttgart Thriller Prize 2014 for Friedrich Ani "M" authors of historical novels for prices nominated best-selling author Danielle Steel defeated Petra van Laak an honorary Knight gets a solo entrepreneur Prize "for homeopathy skeptics" - a compelling introduction Terminally ill and no help - "Do not stand so to" Leoba Werrelmann presented her book Home - The Poison Trail of Daniel Holbe premiere in Bad Vilbel All News


No comments:

Post a Comment